2015 San Antonio Sports Corporate CupOver the weekend, Leadhub teamed up with Covenant Multifamily Offices and Sammis & Ochoa to participate in the 2015 San Antonio Sports Corporate Cup. The Cup, presented by H-E-B, promised a day of “blood-pumping fitness, friendly competition and employee camaraderie,” and it really delivered. Not only are most of us still sore from said fitness, but we arrived to work Monday morning happy, tan, and refreshed from a weekend spent away from computer and television screens.
- First place in Soccer Kicks
- Second place in Football Throw
- Second place in Swimming
- Third place overall in 4x100M Relay
- Third place overall in Division 4
Corporate Cup EventsThe first event was the 5K. Its partially off-track course around the beautiful Incarnate Word University was almost enough to distract the runners from the stifling humidity. Almost. Our runners returned (Yes, everyone finished!) heavy-legged, drenched and ready to pop open the first beers of the day. Shortly after, the bossman himself laced up his fanciest pair of basketball shoes to join in on the 3v3 basketball tournament. Team Covenant layup-ed and three-pointed their way to the second round but was ultimately knocked out by some serious competition. Check out Aaron in action below!
Terrible Vertical Film and Commentary by Albert Salinas
Video Credit: Brooke Lanie of UTSA
So what are our takeaways?
- It’s good to see your coworkers and bosses outside of work. Maybe you didn’t know your boss could tear up the basketball court, or that the quiet intern was secretly a dodgeball phenom. If this were a TV show, the Corporate Cup would be the perfect place for character development.
- While there may not be time to dish on last week’s episode of Game of Thrones at the office, there’s plenty of time to discuss the coming of winter between Corporate Cup events. Will Sansa find her family? Will Ramsay ever get his comeuppance? And more importantly, will anyone ever care about what’s going on in Dorne?
- Team building is important. For every ropes course and trust fall, there’s a team-building cynic. But there is a reason companies return to the Corporate Cup year after year - the team-building opportunities are unmatched. You may not realize you’re even doing it. Something as simple as a baton handoff, a high five or enjoying a beer or two under a tent on a sunny day can make a teammate out of a coworker. And when you’re all on the same team, your business will benefit.