If you have ever wondered if you should start up a LinkedIn page for your home service company’s social media ventures, the answer is – maybe. LinkedIn is a great way to connect with your audience and to even find new clients along the way. However, this is a social platform that may not be best suited for everyone. Let’s break down the pros and cons of what content LinkedIn has to offer.
Blog Posts and Listicles
LinkedIn is a great place to post your latest blog or listicle. By sharing these posts, you’re able to increase brand awareness and engagement on the social platform.
- Pros: Posting articles like this can increase your reach, and your followers on the platform are able to share the posts with their followers, as well.
- Cons: Blog posts and listicles take time to create, and you may need a separate team to be in charge of this type of social content.
News and Research
Informing your clients on the latest news and research within your industry is a good way to keep your public updated on what’s new. Sharing a quick article from another professional in your industry shows that you and your company are open to change and moving forward with new advances.
- Pros: Your followers are able to see that your company knows about the latest and greatest in your industry – so if your clients are interested in a new product, they know they can come to you about it.
- Cons: Research and news may be slow coming in your industry, so there may be a lack of content for your platform in this area.
Tips and Tricks
Letting your audience know about tips and tricks within your industry that can help them out in the long run is always a good idea. For example, if you’re a plumbing company you may post a simple, quick tip about the best way to clean your kitchen sink drain.
- Pros: You let your clients know that you are there to help them, not to just charge them for a service when something bad happens.
- Cons: If you are in an industry where professional help is best, it could be hard creating a lot of content in this aspect.
Have you recently moved locations? Do you offer new services or program? Do you have a new CEO? Let your LinkedIn community know about the changes happening within your company.
- Pros: Transparency, in all aspects, helps build trust within your company and makes your clients feel much more familiar with you.
- Cons: There could be some information you don’t want to make public, and that’s okay. Pick through your company’s changes and update your audience with what you feel comfortable sharing.