If you are a business owner or marketing manager and looking for an article to help solve some of your local SEO problems, then you have just clicked on the perfect link. Every day, more and more people are using search engines to find local businesses. Phone books are still relevant in certain spaces, but are they still cost effective for your industry? Most of our clients have seen huge gains by shifting their marketing dollars from phone books to online marketing strategies. The great thing about Internet marketing is you don’t necessarily have to hire an Internet marketing firm to get leads online.
How, you ask? You can go straight to the source. We have created a list of the top 25 map listings all companies should be listed on. We calculated the values of these listings with software we pay a lot of money for. Some of these websites will offer premium listings, but those premium listings aren’t necessary to get your company listed.
Before we get started there are a few things to keep in mind. Always use the same NAP information (name, address, phone number). Have you ever done The Telephone Exercise? You know, where you tell the person next to you one thing, and by the time it goes full circle and returns back to you, it’s turned into something completely different? This is the same thing you are doing to Google if you put different NAP information on your listings. On the flip side, if your listings are all accurate, then Google could reward you tremendously for your calculated efforts. With that being said, it is recommended that you change up your company description, images, videos, etc. Try using different keywords potential clients might use to search for your companies services (Example: Houston Electrician, Residential Electrical services, etc.). Take the time to enhance each listing as much as you can. (By the way, this list is geared toward home service companies and will look much different for restaurants, etc.)
Here are 25 important map citations, along with a bonus citation just for you. The order of this list is debatable and changes frequently. The major search engines are putting more weight into social media pages with each algorithm update. So the more quality content you post on Facebook and Twitter, the more you will be rewarded in your map placements. Some of these citations (Acxiom and expressupdateusa.com) provide the added benefit of generating many more citations from lesser-known sites, so don’t sleep on any of these.
Here we go.
1. Google+ Local – Get Listed on Google+
2. Acxiom – Get Listed on Acxiom
3. Yahoo Local – Get Listed on Yahoo
4. Bing Local – Get Listed on Bing
5. Express Update USA – Get Listed on Express Update USA
6. Facebook – Get Listed on Facebook
7. YouTube – Get Listed on YouTube
8. Twitter – Get Listed on Twitter
9. Yellow Pages – Get Listed on Yellow Pages
10. Yelp- Get Listed on Yelp
11. CitySearch – Get Listed on CitySearch
12. Superpages – Get Listed on Superpages
13. Local – Get Listed on Local
14. Nokia – Get Listed on Nokia
15. BBB – Get Listed on BBB
16. Chamber of Commerce – Get Listed on Chamber of Commerce
17. MapQuest – Get Listed on MapQuest
18. elocal – Get Listed on eLocal
19. Manta – Get Listed on Manta
20. MojoPages – Get Listed on MojoPages
21. Merchant Circle – Get Listed on Merchant Circle
22. Angies List – Get Listed on Angies List
23. insiderpages – Get Listed on insiderpages
24. Thumbtack – Get Listed on Thumbtack
25. City-Data – Get Listed on City-Data
Bonus: Flickr Get Listed on Flickr
Hopefully this list not only gave you some direction, but also motivated you to get your business listed on all of these sites. If you have any questions, or would like some assistance with your online marketing campaigns, schedule a complementary consultation here.